Monday, June 21, 2010

Faith in Little Things.


I have always thought that faith is believing that God will do something huge! And like change your world! Well, that can be the case, but what about the small things; don't they require any faith as well??

It says in Matthew 17:20, He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." And, yes, that's saying that faith can move big things but I don't think Jesus said that to just lessen the faith for smaller things. What I think of that verse is that; with just a little bit of faith...we can do the impossible. And sometimes it seems like that impossible is moving the little things. I love how I can go to God and be like...take this burden, I give it to you, I have faith and trust in you!, and he will take it and help us! God is the God of the impossible and whatever is impossible for man, is possible with God. But that requires just a little faith! Sometimes we can let doubt creep in, and that doubt can slowly squish our faith. Because that doubt is not from God, and faith is from God...and we can't have something from God and something from the devil; and think that everything will work out...

I've had my fair share of faith...but also my fair share of doubt. And I know for a fact that that doubt won't improve your faith at all. But it’s starting with the little things, the things that may not seem important. In Luke 15:8-9 it says, "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin." A coin, a little coin, not $100, not a miraculous healing, not even 2 coins... 1 coin! God cares about the small things; he cares about that woman finding her coin, or finding 1 lost soul, one forgotten son/daughter. In Matthew 18:13-14 (Parable of the lost sheep), "What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost." The man left the ninety nine other sheep to find that little lost sheep. The little ones, the forgotten ones; God cares!

1 coin, 1 sheep, God helped those people find them. They had faith, and God worked on it! They didn't need mountains and mountains of faith, just a small, little bit and God moved! Prayer requires faith as well, not heaps and heaps, but faith. I've been praying for a healing in my family since I could talk... and even though all my prayers had just a little bit of faith in each one, when you add them all up, I have mountains of faith! God moves on those little bits, and all those little bits add up... to great wonders, done for His glory and his glory alone!

God Bless♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment